1kg peeled Japanese pumpkin
1 toasted Lebanese bread
200 g cooked chickpeas
50 g toasted pinenuts
½ bunch picked/washed flat leaf parsley
½ bunch picked/washed mint
200 ml standard salad dressing
200 ml Greek yoghurt
Juice of 1 lemon
20 g black sesame seeds
1) Dice the pumpkin into rough chunks, season and roast in a pre heated oven @ 200 degrees til golden.
2) Toast the Lebanese bread in the oven until golden, dry and crispy.
3) Make the sour yoghurt by mixing the yoghurt with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
4) Once the pumpkin is cooked allow to cool to room temp.
5) To assemble at the last minute, add to a large bowl pumpkin, broken up pieces of bread, cooked chickpeas, pinenuts, herbs, salt, pepper and the dressing. Avoid over mixing. Lay the salad on a large platter and drizzle the yoghurt over the top and sprinkle on sesame seeds.
Serves 4 people as a side or as a dish in itself.